Group Chief Accountant
The Group Chief Accountant is in charge of the IFRS and Spanish Local accounting of all Spanish entities including Holding, its consolidation, and reports to EU & Latam Controller. The Chief Accountant supports the annual audit keeping strong relationships with auditors and ID Finance CFOs. This is a hands on job that will have initially the support of one accountant to cover various legal entities and ensuring accurate and timely accounting with all Group entities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, developing and documenting, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Manages and oversees the entire accounting team, providing guidance to junior accountants when needed.
- Documents financial transactions by entering accounting information.
- Develops accounting of the Holding and Spanish entities.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review.
- Review corporate income tax calculations and other tax matters to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that the required standards and deadlines are met.
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly, semi and annual reports.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Support external audit providing information to external auditors.
PREFERED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCIE
- Proactive mindset. Adaptability to change to work in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Accuracy and timely delivery of tasks
- 7+ years of relevant experience (big 4 firms, international companies, banks are preferred).
- ACCA/ ACA (or equivalent) – is an advantage.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills. Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
- Strong project management and planning skills to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Highly motivated self-starter: ability to initiate and manage projects with minimal supervision.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance or Accounting required.
Minimum 7 years of experience in accounting.
Attractive compensations and equity plan, health benefit, Kitchen with free coffee, water and fruits each Tuesday and Thursday, team building activities and work in an international and passionate environment.
If you are a financial and technologic lover, this is your company, send us your resume and develop and grow with a one of the fast-growing fintech company in Europe and Latam!
APPLY TO POSITION